11 Oct 15 Questions to ask when Redecorating Luxury Homes in Plano TX
There are many people wanting to redecorate and remodel luxury homes in Plano TX
Plano is a great place to live and a lot of home owners wold rather remodel and redecorate their home than move. Here are 15 questions you might want to think about if you decide to update your home.
- Can I update my Old World Traditional Home to a lighter more up- to-date look? Yes, it can be done without replacing everything, but you will need professional help.
- How do I decorate my tall foyer? See this blog post. How do I Decorate my New Luxury Dallas TX Home – Part 1-The Foyer
- What style do I want? Traditional? Modern? Country French? Old World? Contemporary? See this blog post.
- Why do I need a floor plan for my home? A detailed floor plan is needed and is where you start with your redecorating and remodeling plan. If you have a plan you will avoid costly mistakes.
- Do I need a lighting plan and if so, how do I make a lighting plan? Yes, this is also very important. This plan works hand and hand with the floor plan so you will know where you need lighting. This is where you need the help of a professional designer.
- What is the best way to purchase high end furniture? See this blog post. How do you Find and Purchase Luxury Furnishings for Your Texas Home
- What is new in window treatments? Simpler drapery treatments, many new fabric shades for every use and power window treatments.
- How do I find the best interior designer for my decorating project? Do an online search for “interior designers (your town)”. Look at their websites, read their reviews and interview more than one designer. Ask them how they work and charge. See if they ask you a lot of questions so they can design around you.
- Should I remodel before buying my furniture? No, everything should be planned together.
- What colors should I paint my new home? Color should be about what you like and how you want each room to feel, not about a design trend. Your interior designer can help.
- What furniture pieces should I keep and will they fit in my new home? A professional interior designer will be able to determine if some of your existing pieces will fit in your new home. They will draw up a furniture floor plan and measure all the pieces you would like to use. Then it is easier to see what piece will fit and work with your new look.
- Where do I find the best contractor for remodeling my home? A professional interior designer is a great source for this because they work with contractors on a regular basis and know who will do a great job.
- Where do I find decorating ideas? Home magazines, interior designer websites and Houzz.
- Should I reupholster my furniture or buy new? See this blog post.