Decorating your luxury home requires a lot of planning, knowledge, experience and talent to achieve your ultimate luxury dream home.
Where do you start?
Find an interior designer who is right for your design project.
- Start with web search for interior designers in your area
- Look at their portfolio and see if you like their work
- Read their philosophy to see if they care about you
- Schedule appointments with the firm that best fits your needs
- Ask for referrals and phone numbers from previous clients
- Are they able to handle all aspects of your project like: draperies, architectural detailing, access to unique products and qualified contractors
- Review contracts and pricing policies
What do I look for in a professional interior designer who will help me decorate my luxury home?
They must be able to draw a detailed floor plan. I can’t emphasize enough how important it is to start with a detailed plan of your furniture placement, lighting, traffic patterns, TV viewing, rug sizes... This is an area where a lot of costly mistakes are made.
Do they ask you questions? They can’t design around you if they don’t know what you want.
Do they ask for and get a budget? If you don’t know how much it will cost, they should be able to estimate based on the questions they asked you.
You might also think about hiring an ASID professional member. ASID members have the training and expertise to manage all the details of your project. They know the importance of listening to your ideas and understanding your needs. From consultation to planning to the finishing touches, they can help you every step of the way, explaining your choices and adding value to your budget.
Visit our website for more information or call today for an In-Home Consultation (888) 416-0646
Custom Master Bath