Traditional living room
What interior design style is right for me?
This is one of the most asked questions I have had over the years. I always answer that question with “You may not know what you want but I will after I ask you these questions.”
Through the years I have developed a series of questions that help me capture your personal interior design style and taste. That way, I am able to provide you with a beautiful environment that is uniquely your own.
Here are a few of the questions that you need to ask yourself.
- Do you have any pictures of rooms that you like out of magazines?
- Is your lifestyle casual, or formal?
- What type of entertaining do you do?
- How would you like this room to function?
- How many people would you like to accommodate?
- What kind of wear does this room get?
- What colors do you like?
- What colors do you dislike?
- Do you like neutral or colored backgrounds?
- Do you like light, medium or dark shades?
- Do you prefer soft or intense color?
- Do you like warm or cool colors?
- What type of fabrics do you like?
- How do you feel about mixing patterns?
- Are there any allergies to fibers that we should be aware of?
- Do you like straight lines or curved lines?
- Do you like metal tables?
- Do you like glass or marble tops?
- Do you like carving or detail?
These are just a few of the questions I ask, but it gives you an idea of all the details that go into determining interior design style. After I ask these questions and others it starts to paint a picture of the design style that will be perfect for you.
Visit our website for more information or call today for an In-Home Consultation (888) 416-0646