04 Nov Home Office Furniture Trends seen at the 2014 Home Furnishings Market
We saw many beautiful desks and credenzas for Home Offices while at the 2014 Home Furnishings Market.
They were all styles and shapes. Some had file cabinets, while others had bar cabinets. There was some office furniture that was European farmhouse influenced. They were made with oak hardwood solids. Others had a traditional roll-top design and modern function together which created a workspace for a mobile lifestyle. Some were corner desks while others were computer tables that could be adjusted to your particular function. There were also contemporary styled writing desks that featured clean lined wood pieces on metal bases.
The desk above features wood with metal and is a contemporary style. The bookcase behind it makes the office complete.
This transitional desk has unique hardware and molding and comes with file drawers and a pull out drawer in the middle.
This traditional desk has wonderful carving as well as an unusual zebra rug beneath it. The chair swivels and is very comfortable. Notice the large bookcase in the background.
This modern desk and chair combine wood and metal. It also had a pretty credenza with it.
Home work spaces are very popular and need to be planned out. How do you plan your home work place?
Here are some questions to ask:
- How large will the home office be?
- Will it be in a room of its own?
- What kind of desk and storage units are needed?
- What will your workplace style be?
- Where can I get quality furnishings?
- How much lighting will I need?/
- What kind of window treatment should I use?
- What design style will I have in my home work place?
What is needed?
- First decide on where your office will be.
- Then draw up a floor plan
- Decide on what furniture pieces are needed
- Do some space planning in the room
- Check out the lighting. Is there natural light? If so, do you need window shades or draperies?
- Decide on a functional and practical window treatment
- Pick a design style for the office room.
Despite a push towards a paperless society, there are plenty of Home Office items from desks to bookshelves that offer fashionable storage options. We saw many durable and dynamic office set ups at the 2014 Fall International Furniture and Accessory Market in NC.
There were many mixed media elements such as as different metal and wood looks. A leg desk, a credenza, a bookcase hutch, a lateral file, and a comfortable desk chair is all you may need in your home work space.
Hope you enjoyed seeing some of the great Home Office set ups that were seen at the International Home Furnishings Market in High Point this year.