How do I redecorate my Plano home? What are the most important things I should do? Do I need the help of an interior designer?
A lot of home owners in Plano are wanting to redecorate their home to be more like the newer homes in Frisco and Prosper. The most important part is to have a plan.
1. A good floor plan is always needed and is a great place to start with your redecorating or remodeling plan.
Many costly mistakes are made because there was no redecorating plan. If you are decorating a very small room, you should still start with a plan. Do you need to change the flooring? Do you need to change the paint color or will you use wallpaper? What about the lighting? There are many things to think about even in a small room, and that is why everyone should start with a plan or costly mistakes may be made. A professional interior designer can help you avoid costly mistakes.
2. DETERMINE WHAT LOOK IS RIGHT FOR YOU
This means is what style do you want to use in redecorating your home?
Cut out some pictures of rooms that you like out of magazines or use the internet to find room styles that you like.
Ask yourself these questions to determine what style you want:
- Do you want to go with the latest trends or do you want to be a trend setter?
- Is your lifestyle casual, or formal?
- What type of entertaining do you do?
- How would you like this room to function?
- What type of fabrics do you like?
- How do you feel about mixing patterns?
- Do you like straight lines or curved lines?
- Do you like carving or detail?
This client wanted a light neutral look.
This client wanted a rustic look.
3- CHOOSE COLORS THAT ARE RIGHT FOR YOU
Finding the right color scheme for your room or home may be overwhelming.
“Where do I start?” is a good question The thought of what color scheme to use can be daunting. Here are some of the questions to think about.
The answers will show you what you like and what you don’t like. Your spouse's answers might be different than yours. Some of the key things to look at are:
Do you prefer warm, or cool colors? If you said you want a warm room, then you don’t want a lot of blue or stark white.
Which of the following best describes the feeling that you want to achieve? Dramatic or understated? If you said you wanted a dramatic room, then you probably don’t want all neutrals. If you said you want a light airy look, then you probably don’t want red walls.
Colors play an important part in your home. They can make you feel happy or sad. Your favorite color may not be the same as others in your family. Be sure that everyone will be happy with the colors you choose.
This client wanted neutral and brown leather with orange accents
There are 4 important steps to take when redecorating your Texas home.
1. Have a good floor plan, which includes detailed space planning so that you know what will fit where.
2. Decide on the right look and style that you want in your home.
3. Decide on what colors are right for your new redecorating.
4. Most importantly, find a good interior designer to help you with the above and more.